Followers

Sunday, 5 March 2017

Mixed Media Makes February

Hi Crafty Bloggers

I have had some relaxing time off work and have been enjoying getting crafty and playing with Mixed Media .

I had made some backgrounds using masking tape and watercolor paints .
I then doodled on them and then stamped on them . The first card I used a chippie and made a tag used some twine and little flowers . The stamp with my doodles is from Kaisercraft and is lace . The text stamps on all of them are from Stempleglede.


Here I have added another different dot stamp with my doodles and some flowers from my wonderful bloggy friend <3


The Last card I used a crafters workshop harlequin stamp with the doodles .


They are all ready for when you need a quick card !!

I was inspired by MaremiSmallArt on youtube for the double bows and the masking tape texture effect ,


On this canvas I was inspired by Emily's tutorial at The Trinket Parlour where you add lots of texture , metal pieces,  resin pieces and chippies onto a black guesso board or canvas . Then you add foil aluminium tape over and rub it down it was so therapeutic .When you paint guesso over it again and rub it off it looks like brushed metal it is so cool . I have went a step further and put some acrylic opal paints on top . I put way to much on it and it looks really eerie but loved making it <3




Here are my ATC cards for the 52 CafeCards challenge at Maremis
Creative Cafe on Facebook 
This is E for Eclipse I have painted the background with guesso and used distress crayons and added a chippie and sticker

No automatic alt text available.

This is F for Folk Art 
I saw an awesome doodle of a thistle so had a go
 with my watercolors and finished with a fine marker and white gel pen


No automatic alt text available.

G is for gears 
I have used  watch gears to make the butterfly and flower and used mini art stones coloured with watercolors and I wrote the word 
No automatic alt text available.

H is for Hearts or Hummingbird
I chose hearts I had done some acrylic painting on old packaging with sand texture paste and added glitter . I added hearts with homemade texture paste and stencil . I finished with embossed chippie hearts and beads and twine . 

No automatic alt text available.

I is for Imagination 
I made the background with rubbing distress crayons. I had stamped a vintage wood grain stamp on water colored wash paper and fussy cut a tree . I used a die to cut out the cloud to tuck behind the tree. I added some art stones and mixed with soft gel and watercolors for the flowers . I painted some chippies for the birdhouse and butterflies . I then stamped randomly with ink and a mini harlequin stamp and used kitchen roll tube  for the circles using guesso and lastly used a graphite pencil to shade and coloured the chippie word with a black ecoline marker .


No automatic alt text available.

Have thoroughly enjoyed getting messy and trying out new techniques and can't wait to see what makes are in March <3

Thank you for stopping by
Sending Crafty  Hugs 
Kirsty-Anne ;0)

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! You have been so busy.
    Every single project is a sheer delight to my eyes. I have to keep going back and forth just to have a closer look.
    Your mixed media skills are amazing and your achievements deserve a pat on the back.
    Your inspirational canvas is my favourite. I love the colours and texture. I'm glad you put way too much on it!
    I need to take my eyes out now for a rest lol!!!
    Can't wait to see what inspiration you come up with next time.
    Big crafty hugs my super talented friend xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)