Followers

Thursday, 30 March 2017

Mixed Media Makes March

Hi Crafty Bloggers 

Had some holidays from work so had some crafty fun !!!

Here are my ATC's for Maremis Creative Cafe on facebook . They really do challenge myself and not always a fantasic result but I thourghly enjoy trying different textures and mediums and learning so much !! There is so much inspiration on there and so many wonderful people it really is a wonderful place to be <3

J for Journey - I have used Lindy's magicals on this one with a chippie some bling and charms ...stamp and word sticker . The texture underneath is a dried out t-bag cover !!


K-Kaleisescope - struggled with this one but have early memories of playing as a child and it was all about colour for me . I used eggshells for this texture and handmade sprays with distress inks a chippie and a die cut and word sticker . Enjoyed cutting the die from  coloured watercolor paper.


L- Lace - I used lace on the card and then painted with acrylic paints and added some gesso on top to finish . I added some wire and punched out some butterflies from the remaining card and added a gorgeous bling center.



I have also tried a canvas with a photograph my first try I like the composition but messed up the hair a wee bit but loved trying it out !! I used lots of Dusty Attic chippies & resins from The Trinket Parlour . I was so inspired to try it out after watching Maremi Small Art on Youtube . I love trying out every video and especially when one is posted on a day off lol !! hate it when at work and all I want to do is go home and craft lol ;0)

Image may contain: 1 person

I also am learning to use watercolours and found some awesome tutorials on youtube from Jay Lee

I have used a mask from The Trinket Parlour then used the trchniques in the video for the splatters of colour was so much fun !!

No automatic alt text available.

Lastly another gorgeous tutorial from Maremi and I did this similar to the video as wanted to achieve some confidence with the mediums which were magicals . I have made the flowers cutting out using a die and some chippies and crochet thread . I decided to mount the tags onto a flat canvas and then made the background using stencils and dry brushing with distress inks and  some word stickers . Just adore how it turned out <3


Thank you so much for visiting and I hope to keep learning and discovering new techniques in April . The videos I have followed are on my facebook page or go to the links in the post if you want to try them out too .

Sending Crafty Hugs 
Kirsty-Anne xox

1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous selection of mixed media creations that you have so beautifully adorned. Every one a creative masterpiece, but I especially love the one featuring Lauren xx
    Big crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)